No Night Cream?
Lose the night cream, your skin will thank you for it.
Dr.Hauschka does not support the idea of night cream use because:
- During the night your skin is metabolising and eliminating the day’s waste, that’s one of its many functions as the largest organ in your body.
- The night time rhythm of the skin is one of a ‘breathing out’.
- How do you know this is happening? Because skin disorders such as eczema, shingles, chicken pox or measles are much worse during the night. How often have you woken up in the morning to be greeted by a pimple?
- There should not be any environmental factors that you are trying to protect your skin from while you’re asleep.
- A night cream – which is usually a heavy, expensive, occlusive substance impedes your skin’s normal night time process.
- Finally, sleeping isn’t aging!
Dr.Hauschka’s gentle cleansing rituals support our no night cream policy. Our night treatment preparations embrace regenerating plant essences held in a watery solution. These allow the skin to breathe freely and overcome any weaknesses and imbalances.
At first our no night cream guiding principle seems incredible; however within one month (skin cell cycle) you’ll need no more convincing!
Dr.Hauschka skin care products for the night are:
- Basic night care: Facial Toner or Clarifying Toner – and/or Regenerating Serum.
- Intensive night care: Rhythmic Night Conditioner or Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive or Intensive Treatment 01, 02, 03, 04 or 05.
I am only a couple of weeks into the 'no night cream' regime and it has been the biggest shock to realise that I don't need it. My skin looks great in the mornings and my eyes haven't been so 'puffy'.
I also have the feeling that the style of night cream with AHA’s, retinol or whatever was causing my skin to become a little thin and fragile. I should have done this much, much earlier......
Susan, Lyttelton, NZ