Skin Fitness & Detox 30 day challenge
Welcome to 30 days of Skin Fitness & Detox for healthy, radiant skin.
Drink warm water and lemon juice first thing
Facial Steam Bath
Cleansing Clay Mask
How to do a Facial Steam, Cleansing Clay Mask and Cream Mask for Day 1 which will be repeated a further 3x during the programme:
1. Cleanse your skin with Cleansing Milk, remove with a warm, moist face cloth.
2. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of Cleansing Clay Mask in a small container in readiness.
3. Place 1-2 tablespoons of Facial Steam Bath in a medium size bowl.
4. Place the bowl on a solid surface, such as the kitchen bench.
5. Have a towel ready.
6. Pour very hot water into the medium size bowl.
7. Face over the steam, not too close, just so you're comfortable and place towel over your head to keep the steam in.
8. You'll need approximately 3-5 minutes steaming to ensure your skin is thoroughly warm and perspiring.
9. While you skin is still warm and moist mix 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons of water (I use the Facial Steam Bath water) to the Cleansing Clay Mask in the small container. The consistency you want is spreadable, not too thin because it will drip off your face and not too pasty.
10. Apply mask to your face and neck excluding eye contour area ideally with a mask brush, even a pastry brush would do at a push, otherwise your fingers. Apply from the centre of the face outwards. We always work in the direction of lymph flow.
11. Watch where the mask dries first. That's a good indication that particular area of your face is dehydrated.
12. The Cleansing Clay Mask is no longer active once it's dry.
13. To remove, I find a face sponge easiest, but a non white face flannel will do, moistened with the now lukewarm facial steam water. Remove easily by damping down the mask first, then wiping.
14. Now apply your Cream Mask (Rejuvenating, Moisturising, Firming or Soothing Mask) including the eye contour area.
15. Leave on for at least 30 minutes. I leave on for the balance of the evening.
16. Remove Cream Mask with a warm moist cloth before bedtime.
17. Apply the contents of a Rhythmic Conditioner Ampoule. If you are new to Rhythmic Conditioner Ampoules, flick the top to ensure all liquid is in the bottom of the ampoule, then using a towel break off the glass top. Pour 1/2 the contents into the palm of one hand, spread between the palms of the hands and quickly press into the skin and repeat with the balance of the liquid.
18. Apply nothing further to your skin. It's bedtime.
*We do not recommend any heat for a rosacea condition.
Note: If you don’t fancy facial steaming then do a warm compress instead with a face cloth rung out in the Facial Steam Bath water that should only be hand hot for a compress. Hold cloth to the face and repeat 3 times.
Your skin will be feeling smooth, moisturised and deep cleansed after yesterday.
Drink your warm water and lemon juice first thing.
Rhythmic Conditioner Ampoule
Apply nothing further to your skin
Repeat Day 2
Morning ritual: same as Day 2.
Evening ritual: cleanse early in the evening then apply your Cream Mask including eye contour area, remove with warm, moist cloth just prior to bedtime.
Apply Rhythmic Conditioner ampoule then leap into bed with a good book.
Repeat Day 2
Repeat Day 2
Repeat Day 2
Repeat Day 1
This is your weekly routine, so repeat until you reach your 30th evening. By which time your skin will be deep cleansed, nourished, even toned, soft and radiant.
I'm not a fan of convenience foods which are more like science than food, including overly processed over priced breakfast cereals.
Here's my favourite Bircher Muesli:
I'm not a fan of convenience foods which are more like science than food, including overly processed over priced breakfast cereals.Here's my favourite Bircher Muesli:
Easy Bircher Muesli
1/4 C of Porridge Oats (I use Ceres Organics Quick Cook Oats) place in a bowl with some sultanas, grate an apple with the skin on, cover ingredients with milk, mix together then cover the bowl and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning I add a few nuts, yoghurt and honey.
If you prefer to soak oats in fruit juice rather than milk, then put the grated apple in the mix in the morning.
Gluten free option: Ceres Quinoa Flakes